Reuniting with the Earth Naturally is the Main Emphasis of a Green Burial
A green burial, or natural burial, is an alternative to traditional burial practices or cremation — one that is based on environmentally sound practices, simplicity, and returning to the earth naturally.
The process emphasizes burial without chemical preservation within 24-48 hours of the time of death. The body is interred in a biodegradable coffin or shroud and allowed to "return to the earth" simply and naturally. A green burial allows nature to take its course.
When a family chooses a green burial, there are a number of environmentally friendly funeral options and merchandise to choose from. Our experienced Cesarz, Charapata and Zinnecker professionals are prepared to tailor a service to your specific needs. For more information about this type of funeral service option, contact us at (262) 542-6609.
We Provide for Every Phase of the Funeral Process:
- Transfer of the deceased from place of death to the funeral home
- Professional care of the deceased, which may include embalming, preparation, dressing, hairdressing, casketing and cosmetology
- Conduct a complete consultation with family members to gather necessary information and to discuss specific arrangements for a funeral
- File all legal paperwork including death certificates, necessary permits, affidavits and authorizations required
- Obtain certified copies of the death certificate needed to settle the estate of the deceased
- Compile information and create an obituary for placement in the newspaper. Use our obituary checklist to record important personal information for use in planning the funeral, informing friends and relatives, and writing an obituary.
- Coordinate clergy, church schedules and musicians
- Make arrangements with cemetery, crematory, or other place of disposition
- Provide a register book, prayer cards, funeral folders, and acknowledgements
- Offer to assist in notifying friends and relatives
- Care and arrangement of floral pieces
- Arrange for pallbearers, automobiles, and special services (military, for example)
- Collect all floral cards, mass cards, or other memorial contributions presented to the funeral home
- Oversee the funeral and organize and lead the funeral procession to the cemetery or other place of disposition
- Assist a family with Social Security, Veterans Benefits, and other claims